'I shouldn't have done that', says Van Dijk as he reveals 'clumsy' regret in dressing room after Carabao Cup final win | 95XQDR5 | 2024-03-22 09:08:01
The 32-year-old Dutch defender seems to be again to his greatest for
VIRGIL VAN DIJK says it was a "clumsy mistake" to say he had silenced his doubters after the Carabao Cup victory.
The 32-year-old Dutch defender seems to be again to his greatest for Liverpool after struggling two massive injuries over current years.

The ex-Celtic and Southampton centre-back is hoping to assist Jurgen Klopp depart Anfield this summer time with but extra silverware in the trophy cupboard.
They're in a ferocious battle with Manchester Metropolis and Arsenal for the Premier League title whereas also battling for Europa League glory, with Atalanta up next for them in the quarter final.
Nevertheless, the Reds have already ensured that Klopp lifted a minimum of one cup in his farewell season.
And that was resulting from Van Dijk as he headed residence the winner to seal a 1-0 win over Chelsea in the Carabao Cup final final month.
A clip then emerged of him celebrating within the dressing-room afterwards and saying to the digital camera: "They thought I used to be finished…"
As quoted by Voetbal Zone, Van Dijk now admits: "I used to be speaking about it with someone this week; I shouldn't have carried out that.
"Why shouldn't I have stated that? Because it now seems as if that adverse interval really hit me arduous.
"In fact it in all probability did, in moments, but my level was that many individuals do not realise how complicated an anterior cruciate ligament and an inside ligament damage is. And that you simply don't just get again to the level you have been at before."
BEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKER
He continued: "I'm dissatisfied by the unnecessary sounds I create myself. I don't like noise round me at all, I want individuals talking concerning the match."
Van Dijk then added: "I feel it's clumsy of me. It distracted from what we are doing and what I would like – to have a prime season with the membership and play the perfect yr of my life."
<!-- End of Brightcove Player --> Whereas many pundits and fans have praised the centre-half for his type this time period, he was questioned last season after quite a few displays under his standard high-standard.
On that criticism, Van Dijk stated: "You must cope with that and I admit that, like each human being, I am not all the time resistant to that.
"So typically you need to make your level, make things proper and sometimes that works towards you.
"You already know, I understand very nicely that criticism is part of it and that's positive too. However typically you possibly can deal with it higher than other occasions. Everybody runs into that typically, proper?"
More >> https://ift.tt/4IBnoDu Source: MAG NEWS