Constance Marten compares herself to Jesus surviving in a barn | N2J5DDY | 2024-03-15 11:08:01 - BRAVE MAG

ShowBiz & Sports

Hot

Friday, March 15, 2024

Constance Marten compares herself to Jesus surviving in a barn | N2J5DDY | 2024-03-15 11:08:01

New Photo - Constance Marten compares herself to Jesus surviving in a barn | N2J5DDY | 2024-03-15 11:08:01
Constance Marten compares herself to Jesus surviving in a barn | N2J5DDY | 2024-03-15 11:08:01

Constance Marten went on the run together with her associate Mark Gordon and new child baby Victoria (Image: PA)

A mum on trial over her baby daughter's demise has defended her determination to reside with the newborn in a tent in the midst of winter, saying: 'Jesus survived in a barn.'

Constance Marten, 36, and her companion Mark Gordon, 49, are on trial after their baby Victoria died whereas they have been tenting in the South Downs final winter.

Marten has been grilled concerning the couple's choice to purchase a tent and reside off the grid, hiding from authorities as they feared Victoria can be taken into care, as their 4 different youngsters had been.

Marten claimed two of her older youngsters had been 'spat on' and physically abused whereas in care.

She informed the Previous Bailey that Bedouin households walk by means of chilly deserts with youngsters, adding: 'Jesus survived in a barn. I might do anything to guard my baby to stop her being taken by the system that's abhorrent, yeah.

'I've grown up with luxury, I've been blessed in that respect. I like feathered duvets and comfort.

Marten's 4 different youngsters have been taken into care (Image: Fb)
She was caught on CCTV carrying her child beneath a coat (Picture: PA)

'I might do anything for my child. Anything. So it was a simple determination to make. I might relatively be in an opulent bed in a palace. I might slightly be in a pleasant massive bed.'

Prosecutor Joel Smith asked if she thought-about the circumstances have been uncomfortable.

Marten replied: 'I'm pretty outdoorsy but I might relatively be in a mattress.

'We were not trying to reside in a tent. We have been appearing on instinct. She was our number one priority. We have been dwelling in a tent for Victoria.

'A mother's love for her youngster is incredibly robust. There was no approach I was going to part with my youngster. We have been hiding from the complete British public because I used to be frightened about Victoria being taken.'

Marten accepted that tenting in a tent meant there was no heating, scorching water or electrical energy.

However she stated: 'Individuals around the globe stay in circumstances like that… so long as your youngster is nicely taken care of and beloved.'

Asked what they planned to do about meals, she stated: 'It was solely a pitstop. We were not excited about being there for months. It was more within the immediacy moderately than long-term planning.'

Marten repeatedly dismissed as 'ridiculous' the prosecution suggestion that she had carried her daughter in a Lidl 'bag for life' when she was alive.

Marten has been giving proof at the Previous Bailey (Image: Julia Quenzler/SWNS)
Baby Victoria's remains have been found in a Lidl bag in this allotment shed in Sussex (Image: PA)

She stated: "This entire line of reasoning is absurd, that she is alive in the bag.

'I'm not going to put her alive in a Lidl bag, I'm sorry.'

Earlier, Marten turned agitated when asked a few teddy bear babygrow Victoria was sporting in CCTV footage from east London which was later amongst gadgets recovered together with her 'dumped' physique.

She insisted Victoria was not 'dumped' within the Lidl bag, telling jurors: 'It's terrible, I do know. The only thing I can say, if somebody passes away the quick reaction is panic. Mark and I were not in an excellent place. We have been in worry and grief.

'She was not dumped anyplace. She was with us the entire time.'

British couple drowned when wife went to save him after he had heart attack in the sea

Soldier's body found in river after he 'got into wrong car' at end of night out

Harry and Meghan accused of being hypocrites over their own edited pictures

Read More Stories

Mr Smith asserted the couple have been 'hideously ill-prepared' to look after Victoria.

The defendant, who described Gordon as her 'superb husband', informed jurors: 'We had enough to maintain her warm, completely. She was our number one priority.'

The defendants, of no fastened handle, deny manslaughter by gross negligence, perverting the course of justice, concealing the start of a kid, baby cruelty and inflicting or permitting the dying of a child.

The trial continues.

Get in contact with our news group by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For extra stories like this, check our news page.

#constance #marten #compares #herself #jesus #surviving #barn #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Politics

More >> https://ift.tt/1EJhRgi Source: MAG NEWS