'World's tallest jockey' 'wins' on Cheltenham debut – but all is not as it seems | LJX199A | 2024-03-15 09:08:01
Thomas Costello made his Cheltenham debut in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle.
THE World's tallest jockey has been noticed on day one of the Cheltenham Pageant.
Thomas Costello made his Cheltenham debut in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle.



The 6ft4 jockey is a big relating to horse racing, with a few of his rivals a foot shorter.
Costello, 22, rode Asian Master and finished fourth, however some punters thought he had gained because of a wierd hiccup.
ITV mistakenly used the 'Asian Master' graphic when saying the winner – as an alternative of Rachael Blackmore's Slade Metal.
Nevertheless it was nonetheless a powerful displaying for Costello in his very first Cheltenham race, a feat which may ease his doubts about having what it takes to be a prime jockey.
Costello has been vocal concerning the issues he has faced, notably in terms of maintaining his weight down.
He stated in an interview with The Guardian: "I query myself typically why I am a jockey. It's robust – I can't lie.
"I try to watch what I eat and do loads of train to attempt to carry on prime of my weight however it's troublesome.
"Breakfast might be a no-go. For lunch, I attempt to have a sandwich then have something like a pasta-based dinner, nothing too heavy. I try to drink loads of water and avoid sugary drinks.
CHELTENHAM BETTING OFFERS – BEST FREE BET DEALS FOR THE FESTIVAL

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2024: FOLLOW ALL THE ACTION WITH OUR LIVE BLOG
"Chocolate and fizzy drinks are my guilty pleasures. It's troublesome to not, but I attempt not to snack because it doesn't go well with me in any respect."
He also found it harder settling in as he would get a number of bizarre seems to be across the stables because of his peak.
He added: "Once I first walked within the weighing room they checked out me like I had four heads. But once you start driving winners you quickly get accepted."
<!-- End of Brightcove Player --></p><div class="hashtags">#worlds #tallest #jockey #wins #cheltenham #debut #seems #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport </div></div> More >> https://ift.tt/VoOTSkq Source: MAG NEWS