‘Are these folk celebrities?’ people fume as bridesmaid ‘pressured’ to give £1,000 cash for wedding gift | GP7K5G2 | 2024-03-16 07:08:01 - BRAVE MAG

ShowBiz & Sports

Hot

Saturday, March 16, 2024

‘Are these folk celebrities?’ people fume as bridesmaid ‘pressured’ to give £1,000 cash for wedding gift | GP7K5G2 | 2024-03-16 07:08:01

New Photo - 'Are these folk celebrities?' people fume as bridesmaid 'pressured' to give £1,000 cash for wedding gift | GP7K5G2 | 2024-03-16 07:08:01
'Are these folk celebrities?' people fume as bridesmaid 'pressured' to give £1,000 cash for wedding gift | GP7K5G2 | 2024-03-16 07:08:01

The lady, from Scotland, revealed she has been saving for her pal's wedding ceremony for 3 years however still can't afford to offer the going price.


A BRIDESMAID has been left "feeling tight" after being pressured to offer £1,000 as a wedding present.

The lady, from Scotland, revealed she has been saving for her pal's wedding ceremony for 3 years however still can't afford to offer the going price.

'Are these folk celebrities?' people fume as bridesmaid 'pressured' to give £1,000 cash for wedding gift
'Are these folk celebrities?' people fume as bridesmaid 'pressured' to give £1,000 cash for wedding gift
Alamy
Individuals are debating how a lot cash is suitable as a marriage present[/caption]

Posting on social media, she stated: "For the marriage present how a lot do I present the couple as they've asked for cash.

"They already personal their very own house so don't have a registry.

"The other bridesmaids are gifting upwards of £1,000 but I just can't afford to present that much and I'm being made to feel tight from the others.

"All the other bridesmaids have given the cash already as they gained't see her now until the day of the hen.

"There's been a number of others who have gifted an terrible lot greater than £1,000."

It then emerged that the bridesmaid has already forked out £900 of her own cash on costs in the direction of the wedding and hen do, plus paying for her own flights and accomodation.

However not one of the different members of the bridal social gathering have contributed a penny.

She stated: "The hen is abroad and some days earlier than the marriage so I have needed to organise it.

"[There is] approximately 30 individuals coming and I have purchased the present luggage for everybody, the games and the bride's own separate present bag.

"On prime of that I have made the bride a box for the marriage morning, I plan to embellish the room with balloons, her wedding ceremony fragrance,a number of other personalised gadgets, and my gown and alterations.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

"Excluding the cost of the holiday I have spent around £900 roughly."

With the lady actually worrying about finding the cash, social media users have been quick to inform her to not hassle.

"I was married two years ago and probably the most I acquired was £600 from my mother and father", one stated.

"I might be horrified if somebody had given me that sum of money. We requested individuals to only give if they might afford it. We needed their time not their dime."

<!--googleoff: all-->  <blockquote class="article__quote">    </blockquote>  <!--googleon: all-->  

A second fumed: "Please tell me £1k is a joke? Perhaps £1k is like £100 in your pal group which is truthful enough but im genuinely so shocked."

A 3rd asked: "Are these people celebrities? £1000 presents omg lol I'm so out of touch."

A fourth echoed: "£1k money for getting married? Who is the bride, Victoria Beckham?"

"£1000 wedding ceremony present? I've never heard of anything so wild", a fifth chimed in.

"Is this a star wedding ceremony? £100 is the max and even that may be a lot."

In the meantime, someone else admitted: "I'm very uncomfortable with this .

"No one should ever be made to really feel tight. We should always all be in charge of our own finances.

"£1000 as a wedding present / hen do no matter is an astonishing sum of money.

"This isn't about being tight but about valuing what's necessary. Money ain't it.

"Spend what you possibly can, love your pal, spend time not £££ together with her and do not be judged by anyone."

#folk #celebrities #people #fume #bridesmaid #pressured #give #1000 #cash #wedding #gift #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/1EJhRgi Source: MAG NEWS