BRAVE MAG

ShowBiz & Sports

Hot

Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Shia LaBeouf breaks silence after Mardi Gras arrest in connection with alleged brawl with 2 men

February 18, 2026
Shia LaBeouf breaks silence after Mardi Gras arrest in connection with alleged brawl with 2 men

Dave Benett/WireImage

Entertainment Weekly Shia LaBeouf in London on July 8, 2025 Dave Benett/WireImage

Shia LaBeoufhas just two words to share after his arrest in New Orleans on Tuesday.

"Free me," the 39-year-oldTransformersstar wrote in anX poston Wednesday morning. The brief update comes one day afterthe actor was arrestedat Mardi Gras on allegations of getting into a physical altercation with two men outside a Royal Street business.

Officers were called to the scene just after midnight, after LaBeouf was ejected from the establishment for alleged aggressive behavior that was causing a disturbance, authorities toldEntertainment Weekly.Per the police, one of the men reported that they were once outside LaBeouf struck them several times with his closed fists. The other claimed that the actor punched him in the nose.

In their statement to EW, police said several onlookers stepped in to hold LaBeouf down until officers arrived on the scene, at which point the actor was transported to a hospital and subsequently arrested after being discharged.

LaBeouf is facing two charges of simple battery. He was released from jail in New Orleans on Tuesday, and his pretrial hearing is scheduled for March 19. The actor returned to celebrating Mardi Gras in New Orleans hours after his release,multipleoutletsreported.

Advertisement

Representatives for LaBeouf and the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Department did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment.

Shia LaBeouf in Hollywood in November 2019  Rich Fury/Getty

Rich Fury/Getty

A day before his arrest, aHollywood Reporterstory said employees at several New Orleans businesses claimed that LaBeouf had been frequenting various drinking establishments in the city's Uptown neighborhood,as he seemed to be on a bar crawlthat began on Thursday. One bouncer claimed LaBeouf was "inebriated" and "somewhat belligerent," though other employees reported that they'd had no incidents or disruption while he was there.

LaBeouf, who has discussedembracing sobrietyin recent years, has a history of alcohol-related arrests. The star was court-ordered to attend rehab followinga 2017 arrestin Georgia on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct. Before that, he was arrested in October 2015 on charges of public intoxication and in 2014 on charges ofdisorderly conductafter interrupting a performance ofCabaret.

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

Last year LaBeoufsettledasexual assault and battery lawsuitthat his former girlfriendFKA Twigsfiled against him after he denied the allegations. Before Twigs dropped the charges, LaBeouf blamed his struggles with PTSD and alcoholism for his allegedly abusive behavior towards the singer. He stated that being forced to reckon with his actions "saved my f‑‑‑ing life."

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Read More

Christy Carlson Romano reveals positive cancer screening results: 'Cancer is everywhere'

February 18, 2026
Christy Carlson Romano reveals positive cancer screening results: 'Cancer is everywhere'

Christy Carlson Romano revealed on Tuesday that she recently received a positive result from a cancer screening.

Yahoo Entertainment

TheEven Stevensstar began by disclosing her family's history of cancer. She explained that both her parents had the disease and that her mom "beat it" while her dad "eventually didn't." Her maternal grandmother died from lung cancer as well, Romano added. The 41-year-old actress and her husband, Brendan Rooney, both decided to take cancer screening tests as a result.

"My husband's came back completely negative. Mine did not come back negative," Romano said in an Instagram reel. "What that means is I may have stageable cancer. The steps are to get a PET scan. I'm fighting with companies to get that covered."

A PET scan, or positron emission tomography scan, is a radioactive imaging test that is often used to detect the spread of cancer, accordingto the Cleveland Clinic.

Romano went on to talk about James Van Der Beek, who died on Feb. 11from a years-long battle with Stage III colorectal cancerat 48 years old. Van Der Beek, like Romano, resided in Austin, where the actress said he was "a pillar of our community."

TheDawson's Creekactor's family and friends set upa GoFundMe pagefor his wife, Kimberly Van Der Beek, and their six children, to help the family rebuild financially following his death. The Van Der Beeks, according to a statement on the GoFundMe page, experienced "significant financial strainas they did everything possible to support James and provide for his care."

Advertisement

"I live in Austin and I was able to meet James Van Der Beek a bunch. His family's amazing," Romano tearfully said. "They always were raising money for the most amazing charities, and he's not with us anymore. Cancer is everywhere. Which is why I got this test."

Romano said that she "kind of was in disbelief" about her positive result, as she had just begun filming a movie in Florida. "I didn't really want to think about it much until I got home," she said, before adding that this is a "very vulnerable time for me."

"About 367 days since I gotshot in the face," Romano said, referring to an incident at a shooting range last June. "Time to have a strong sense of faith and know that it's in God's hands, most of it. I'm sure people think I'm overreacting, but I'm not, because cancer's pretty serious and I have two little girls."

Christy Romano and Shia LaBeouf on 'Even Stevens'.

Romano added, "When you're somebody like me, you kind of have to take life a day at a time. Really be grateful for all the amazing stuff around you."

In her Instagram caption for the reel, Romano admitted that she was hesitant to share her health update because she didn't want to seem "cringe." Ultimately, though, she felt it was "her duty to share so that people get out there and get screenings."

The former Disney Channel actress received an outpouring of support in the comments from her husband, fellow child actors Jaleel White (Family Matters) and Giovonnie Samuels (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody), and more.

Romano famously starred as Ren Stevens on the hit seriesEven Stevensfrom 2000 to 2003, alongside Shia LaBeouf. She went on to voice the titular teen hero onKim Possibleuntil 2007, before eventually launchingVulnerable, her podcast on which she interviews former child stars. She is also actively working onher memoir, which she's previously teased.

Read More

Nicole Curtis Turns Off Comments, Tells Followers 'Let's Do Better Together' After She Was Caught Using Racial Slur

February 18, 2026
Nicole Curtis Turns Off Comments, Tells Followers 'Let's Do Better Together' After She Was Caught Using Racial Slur

Nicole Curtis/Instagram

People Nicole Curtis Nicole Curtis/Instagram

NEED TO KNOW

  • Nicole Curtis was caught saying the n-word on camera in a video that circulated online on Wednesday, Feb. 11

  • Her show, Rehab Addict, was immediately cancelled by HGTV and pulled from its streaming platforms as a result

  • In a Feb. 17 Instagram post, Curtis said she was turning off the comments as a result of the "hate" she was receiving

  • She apologized for using slur in a previous Instagram post and claimed the footage showing the incident was "stolen" from her

Nicole Curtisis speaking out again after she wascaught using a racial sluron video.

The former HGTV star, 49, shared a lengthy message onInstagramregarding herlatest controversyin a post shared on Tuesday, Feb. 17. The post comes almost one week after a video of Curtis using the n-word was posted byRadar Onlineon Wednesday, Feb. 11, the same day her HGTV show,Rehab Addict,was set to return to television.

While she begins her latest post by referencing the "many moments of kindness" she says she's experienced after the video went viral, the renovation expert noted that she's turning off the comments on her post due to the "hate" coming her way.

The caption reads, in part: "I'm reading the DMs -ignoring the headlines. I'm turning of [sic] the comments - if the hate was just geared at me, I could take it, but the hate toward each other is exactly what we should all be working diligently to work through — go back to human connection, actual conversations instead of internet tit for tat. Let's do better together."

Nicole Curtis Nicole Curtis/Instagram

Nicole Curtis/Instagram

She concludes her caption by clarifying again where she claims the leaked footage, taken "4 years ago," came from, writing "someone personal" had access to it. She claims the person wanted money for the footage, and because she "didn't pay" them, "here we are."

"4 years ago - I was not contracted to any network or show. (think free agent in sports). Any crew hired, paid by me, the footage is mine. My crew didn't steal my footage," she wrote in part.

She continued, alleging of the footage, "Someone personal (not crew) had access, demanded $, I didn't pay - here we are."

Advertisement

Her latest message comes after she initially apologized for her use of the slur in a text sent toTMZ, saying, "I want to be clear: the word in question is wrong and not part of my vocabulary and never has been, and I apologize to everyone."

Nicole Curtis' text with TMZ. Nicole Curtis/Instagram

Nicole Curtis/Instagram

She laterdoubled down on her apologyin a Feb. 13Instagrampost and reiterated that it was her own footage that was circulating online, not HGTV's or for any show on the network.

"I am sorry. I am filled with remorse and regret, just as much as I was one second after that word was said 4 years ago in 2022," the caption read. She added, "I'm not addressing this because I was 'caught'. I'm here because I am not okay with the fact that I said that."

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

After the clip surfaced online, HGTV confirmed to PEOPLE that they made the decision to pull the new season ofRehab Addict, saying her language is "hurtful and disappointing" and "does not align with the values of HGTV."

The statement added, "We have removed the series from all HGTV platforms. We remain dedicated to fostering a culture of respect and inclusion across our content and our workplace."

Read the original article onPeople

Read More