BRAVE MAG

ShowBiz & Sports

Hot

Sunday, February 15, 2026

FBI: Glove with DNA found near Nancy Guthrie's home appears to match those on masked man

February 15, 2026

Federal authorities investigating the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie said Sunday that a glove containing DNA that was recovered about two miles from her house appears to match those worn by the masked person seen outside her front door the night she vanished.

Masked individual at Nancy Guthrie's home before her disappearance.

According to The Associated Press,the glove was found on the side of a road and was submitted for DNA testing. The FBI said it received preliminary results on Saturday but was still awaiting confirmation.

RELATED STORY |Investigators' search of home, car near Nancy Guthrie's residence produces no arrests

The Pima County Sheriff's Office said several gloves have been recovered as part of the investigation. Officials said no gloves were recovered from on the property or inside the house, contrary to earlier unconfirmed reports.

Guthrie, 84, is the mother of "Today" show co-host Savannah Guthrie and has been missing since Feb. 1. Authorities confirmed that blood found on her front porch belonged to Guthrie. Officials have also said DNA belonging to someone other than Nancy Guthrie or her close contacts was recovered at an unspecified location on the property.

The sheriff's office issued a neighborhood alert last week asking residents to submit any video recorded within a two-mile radius of Guthrie's home between Jan. 1 and Feb. 2 that could assist in the investigation. Officials said they are seeking footage showing vehicles, vehicle traffic, pedestrians or anything residents consider unusual or potentially relevant to the case.

RELATED STORY |Former colleague shares memories of working with Nancy Guthrie

The FBI hasincreased the reward to $100Kfor any information on Guthrie's whereabouts or the arrest and conviction of her suspected kidnapper. The FBI's Phoenix branch also released new identifying details on the suspect, including pictures of a black backpack that's believed to be in their possession.

"The suspect is described as a male, approximately 5'9" - 5'10" tall, with an average build," the statement read. "In the video, he is wearing a black, 25-liter 'Ozark Trail Hiker Pack' backpack."

Today, the FBI is increasing its reward up to $100,000 for information leading to the location of Nancy Guthrie and/or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance.

New identifying details about the suspect in the kidnapping of Nancy Guthrie have been…pic.twitter.com/GJcx4ra6wX

— FBI Phoenix (@FBIPhoenix)February 12, 2026

Read More

North Korea opens new housing district for families of Ukraine war dead

February 15, 2026
North Korea opens new housing district for families of Ukraine war dead

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) —North Koreasaid Monday it completed a new housing district in Pyongyang for families of North Korean soldiers killed while fighting alongside Russian forces in Ukraine, the latest effort by leaderKim Jong Unto honor the war dead.

State media photos showed Kim Jong Un walking through the new street — called Saeppyol Street — and visiting the homes of some of the families with hisincreasingly prominent daughter,believed to be named Kim Ju Ae, as he pledged to repay the "young martyrs" who "sacrificed all to their motherland."

In recent months, North Korea has intensified propaganda glorifying troops deployed to fight in Russia's war against Ukraine, such as establishing a memorial wall and building a museum. Analysts see it as an effort to bolster internal unity and curb potential public discontent.

Kim in recent months has sent thousands of troops and large quantities of military equipment, including artillery and missiles, to fuel Russian President Vladimir Putin's war on Ukraine,as the leaders align in the face of their separate confrontations with Washington.

South Korea's National Intelligence Service told lawmakers last week it estimates that about 6,000 North Korean troops were killed or wounded during their deployment in the war, but did not provide a breakdown of fatalities. The agency said last year it believed roughly 600 had died.

The spy agency believes North Korean forces are benefiting from the war by gaining modern combat experience and Russian technical support that could improve the performance of their weapons systems, according to lawmakers who attended last week's closed-door briefing.

The construction of the new street comes as North Korea prepares to open amajor ruling party congresslater this month, where Kim is expected to announce his major goals in domestic and foreign policy over the next five years and take further steps to tighten his control.

Read More

Israeli move to designate large parts of West Bank as state land condemned as ‘de facto annexation’

February 15, 2026
Israeli move to designate large parts of West Bank as state land condemned as 'de facto annexation'

The Israeli government has advanced the registration of territory in theoccupied West Bankas state land in a move that Palestinians have decried as "de facto annexation."

CNN A Palestinian woman watches from a hill as Israeli bulldozers work on her land to reportedly make way for the construction of settlements in the Sarouj area in the occupied West Bank on December 22, 2025. - Zain Jaafar/AFP/Getty Images

For the first time sinceIsrael occupied the territory in 1967,the government will create a mechanism to officially register large swaths of land under the state.

Israel's Foreign Ministry defended the move as an "administrative measure" which would "bring order" to land registration. But government ministers made clear the intent was to increase settlement and entrench Israel's grip on the land.

Far-right Finance Minister Bezalal Smotrich said the land registry would continue "the settlement and governance revolution across all parts of our land" as he referenced Judea and Samaria, the biblical term for the West Bank. And Justice Minister Yariv Levin said Israel is "committed to strengthening its hold over all parts of our land, and this decision expresses that commitment."

The government's new measure will apply to what is known as Area C of the West Bank, about 60% of the territory and home to an estimated 180,000-300,000 Palestinians and to a settler population of at least 325,500, according to Israeli human rights group Btselem.

The Palestinian Presidency said the decision violated international law and amounted to "de facto annexation of occupied Palestinian territory." In a statement, the president's office warned that the move was a "declaration of the annexation plans aimed at entrenching the occupation through illegal settlement activity."

Advertisement

Israel captured the West Bank from Jordan in the 1967 war and subsequently began establishingJewish settlementsthere, which are considered illegal under international law, by the United Nations and by much of the international community. The UN also regards the West Bank and East Jerusalem as occupied territory, which the Palestinians seek for a future state.

An Israeli flag flies over an Israeli settlement in the old city in Hebron in the occupied West Bank on February 9, 2026. - Mussa Qawasma/Reuters

Peace Now, an Israeli settlement watchdog, described the government's move as "a massive land grab in the West Bank … completely against the will of the people and contrary to Israel's best interests."

The Israeli government approved the measure despite US President Donald Trump's stated opposition to annexation of the West Bank.

"We warn President Trump - Netanyahu is deceiving you! You said you wouldn't allow annexation, but he's carrying it out right under your nose," Peace Now said, adding that the move would lead to the dispossession of thousands of Palestinians from their land.

"The process requires landowners to prove ownership in ways that are almost impossible for most Palestinians to do; if they fail, the land will be automatically registered as state land," Peace Now asserted.

This latest measure comes after Israel's securitycabinet approved a move last weekthat expanded Israeli rule and governance over the West Bank. The move drew international condemnation, with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres calling it as a flagrant violation of international law and the European Union saying it is a "step in the wrong direction."

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account atCNN.com

Read More